Getting support

If you feel that you might be experiencing depression or anxiety there are many strategies and ways of getting support that’s right for you.

  • GP. Your GP can assist in making an assessment, discuss treatments, prescribe medication and/or refer you to a specialised services or agencies, such as a psychologist and psychiatrist..
  • Psychologist. A psychologist is a health professional who can provide therapy and counselling to assist in managing mental health issues, but cannot prescribe medication.
  • Psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is a doctor that specialises in mental health and can make assessments, conduct tests, provide therapy, and prescribe medication.

You may also want to speak to an external crisis counselling and support service such as:

Back to top