Epilepsy NZ needs volunteers to help us do our job better both at our national office, and in the regions, cities and towns. We rely on our volunteers who enable Epilepsy New Zealand deliver its vision to positively influence the lives of people, families and communities affected by epilepsy.
If you are interested in any of the positions below, please download and complete the Volunteer Application Form, attach a CV and send to:
Epilepsy New Zealand
PO Box 1074
PURPLE DAY COORDINATOR: National Office, Hamilton
This is a voluntary role.
9.00am - 3pm, Monday to Friday between March 11th and April 12th
National Office, 6 Vialou St., Hamilton
The purpose of this role is to coordinate activities associated around Purple Day and to follow up with a Post Event Report. Purple Day is March 26th, designed to raise funds and awareness for epilepsy throughout New Zealand.
1. Phone contact with Schools, Kindergartens and Early Child Education facilities inviting to participate and distributing respurces as needed.
2. Phone contact with Pharmacies inviting participation in Purple Pharmacy of the Year Award.
3. Developing and distributing Press Releases to local media describing Landmark Light Up.
4. Coordination and management of registered Purple Day Heroes so as to maximise profile and fundraising.
5. Follow up and produce post event report utilising template provided.
- A people person with excellent communication skills.
- Confident, clear and articulate speaker.
- Experience within the 'Event Environment' well received.
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR, National Office, Hamilton
9am - 3pm two days a week
National Office, 6 Vialou St, Hamilton
This role is responsible for the Administration of our Vega database which holds our supporters contact details. The role requires adding, maintaining and reporting on activity of the database.
The role plays an important part in our communications, donation and membership revenue streams.
Specifically the role requires to accomplish:
- Maintenance, engagement and expansion of contacts.
- Database segmentation of contacts into meaningful and workable attributes.
- Maintenance and expansion of engagement campaigns in conjunction with employees of ENZ.
- Maintenance of newsletter distribution and assistance in development of publications.
- Regular reporting to CEO of database and its performance.
- Technically Savvy.
- Experience in database management will be looked upon favourably.
- Willingness to learn.
- Reliable, responsible and accountable.
Town, City and Regional Volunteers:
- Regional Volunteer Co-ordinators
- Fundraising & Collections Volunteers
- Local Services Volunteers
- Events Volunteers (As needed)
The time required for these positions may require 6-10 hours per week, or on a needs basis, but we are happy to work with volunteers to enable their contribution.