PURPLE DAY 2017
Thursday, 27 October 2016
Go Purple For Epilepsy Awareness this Purple Day 2017!
Purple Day, which takes place on March 26th 2017 is our annual awareness day, which is an international effort dedicated to increasing awareness of epilepsy worldwide. It began in 2008 and was founded in Canada by Cassidy Megan, Purple Day is celebrated throughout the world to dispel the myths that surround epilepsy, by raising awareness in a positive way.
During March 2017 we are encouraging you to join people from around the world in "going purple" to raise awareness and vital funds, to support people affected by epilepsy. From bake sales, to dress down days you can do anything to join in the fun.
How can you get involved?
1. Download our handy How to find the funds Guidebook to give you ideas of how you can get involved and raise vital funds for epilepsy in your community.
2. Become a Purple Day Hero and register to distribute Purple Ribbons
3. Wear a Purple Ribbon with pride, available from a number participating Bunnings stores along with registered distributors during March for a gold coin donation.
4. Dress in Purple and encourage your friends, family and workmates to do the same.
5. Visit some of our Landmarks that are lighting up the night purple in support of epilepsy awareness. See locations here for participating owners and landmarks. If you do visit any be sure to post a photo to our facebook page!
6. We are looking to GO PURPLE everywhere, and Antarctica is the last remaining continent to recognise Purple Day. We are working with the people from Antarctia to turn it purple so watch this space!
7.If you are living with epilepsy, undertake an Epilepsy Purple Day Poll
Its easy to return your funds.
Simply deposit the funds at your local BNZ branch into our account (detail below) using your suname as the reference when making your deposit.
Bank of New Zealand
Account Name: Epilepsy Association of New Zealand
Accout Number: 02-0316-0132384-00
Reference: Your surname
Thanks again, if you could also let Emma know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the amount you have raised and when you deposited the funds that would be great.
You really are making a difference to the lives of people living with epilepsy.
Download Purple Day Poster